Mentor of the Year
This category is aimed at an outstanding individual who has mentored and supported a colleague or colleagues (mentee) in a less senior position to themselves in order to help them develop both personally and professionally.
Nominations can be made by the mentee, mentor and or another third party
Applicants should provide evidence in respect of the following where they are applicable (noting that this acts as a guide and answers should not be limited by it):
- Identify how they have been a champion and challenge for the mentee - inspiring, motivating and coaching them in line with aspirations
- Demonstrate commitment to the personal and professional development of the mentee
- Identify the ways in which the mentee has benefited significantly from the relationship with obvious enhancement in their ability to access opportunities and networks; broaden their knowledge base and develop in their career
- Demonstrate the impact your mentoring has had on the mentee; is the mentee confident in seeking advice and guidance from the mentor and others; is the mentee supporting those in less senior positions to themselves?
- Demonstrate that they have been willing to spend quality time with the mentee, sharing knowledge, networks, career advice and approaches
- Demonstrate the ways in which they have helped to promote the value of mentorship among colleagues